IFL offers services in project advisory, infrastructure investment, management consulting and capacity building with focus on infrastructure and infrastructure related projects & assignments. Each offering has its own set of cliental and the type of projects & assignments that can be undertaken. IFL here foresees to take an ‘expert’ approach in going forward with its service offerings by taking the role of an infrastructure specialist, and providing expert advice and assistance to the client.
Providing both buy-side and sell-side advisory services in the identification, development, structuring, implementation, and procurement of infrastructure projects in accordance with project finance, PPP, BOT/BOO/BOOT, etc., and corporate finance modes.
We enable our clients to take their projects forward all the way from inception to project structuring to financial close by catering to the financial, legal, technical, and procurement aspects of a project’s development.
IFL here covers all phases of the project development life cycle, from inception to transaction structuring to transaction implementation-procurement.
- Inception Phase:Relates to initial analysis of the transaction, and enabling the project sponsors to assess the projects’ success probability, evaluate whether a project can be developed on PPP/BOT/BOO/etc. modes, and device a roadmap. Work here can pertain to;
- project identification, project assessment as a PPP/BOT/BOO, etc., financial & market analysis, analysis of clients’ capacity with reference to project requirements, project road map building, devising TORs and SOW, government & private sector analysis, etc.
- Transaction Structuring Phase:Pertains to carrying out a detailed financial, technical and legal study of the project, devising the project structure, getting approvals in place, and preparing for procurement. Work here can relate to;
- pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, needs & option analysis, project structuring & design, financial modeling (base, PPP and risk-adjusted), PPP structures and models analysis, financing & investment plans, technical feasibility,
- legal/policy/regulatory analysis, environment and social assessments, risk assessment, bankable security packages, financing structures & mechanisms, business and revenue models, output specifications, service levels & performance indicators,
- monitoring and reporting mechanisms, penalty and payment mechanisms, approvals and consents, market testing & analysis, implementation models, project procurement plan, etc.
- Transaction Implementation-Procurement Phase:Relates to enabling the project to reach financial close, carrying out procurement activities, concession negotiations, and signing-off on all related agreements. Work here can pertain to;
- Project marketing, project information memorandum/project pitch-books, legal agreements (concession contracts, financing agreements, PPP agreements, etc.),
- Road shows, finance raising, negotiations with financiers, bid document analysis, financial close, bidding documents (EOI, RSOQ, RFP package), pre-bid conferences,
- Project procurement, bidding, bid evaluation & short-listing, negotiations with project agencies/implementing institutions, concession negotiations & signing, etc.
Project advisory services are carried out keeping in line with defined best practices for project development, a well-structured project development life cycle, public and private sector perspective, Value for Money aspect of the transaction, and the clients’ project objectives.
Investments amounting to billions of dollars a year are going into infrastructure projects globally to reap stable, sustainable, and long-term financial benefits. These investments are being made by public sector institutions, private business houses, pension/equity/infrastructure funds, insurers, debt providers, strategic investors, etc.
IFL here envisages playing the role of an infrastructure investment advisor with the objective to enable its clients to identify and invest into projects that offer competitive returns, and meet their investment objectives.
Our comprehensive understanding of infrastructure development gives us the expertise to provide sound investment advice which is in-line with investment best practices. Our broad activities here can pertain to;
- Project identification, project due-diligence, project evaluation & analysis, investment analysis, risk assessment, technical review, legal & regulatory review, legal documentation, negotiations with project shareholders, deal closure, investment monitoring, etc.
Given the many complexities attached to developing infrastructure with private sector participation, project stakeholders today require new skills and know how to identify, develop and implement infrastructure projects on PPP mode.
IFL team in assistance with its local and international affiliates offers tailored off-the-shelf capacity building and training solutions to both public and private sector players to enhance their understanding of infrastructure development, and build their capacity to develop PPP projects in-line with best industry practices and VFM aspects.
Our service offerings here can comprise of;
- Assessing capacity building and training requirements
- Developing customized courses, training programs and workshops,
- Developing training-the-trainer programs
- Designing capacity building & training materials and manuals,
- Carrying out training programs,
- Conducting courses and workshops,
- Monitoring training results
Providing risk management, policy & framework building, strategy formation, and PPP development services with the objective to enable the clients in achieving better risk management, implementing PPP programs, and improving business performance indicators.
IFL here envisages carrying out the following broad range of activities;
- Development & implementation of PPP programs and frameworks,
- Risk structuring, mitigation and management
- Formulating business, market, operational and investment strategies,
- Devising & implementing enabling policies and frameworks
- Building infrastructure development strategies